Saturday, November 24, 2012

THE NIGHT SEASON

Author:  Chelsea Cain
Genre:  Thriller?!?, Archie Sheridan &
Gretchen Lowell Series #4
Published:  2011
Personal Rating:  2/5 (not enjoyable)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/
Christina Delaine
Yearly Count:  97


The Willamette River flooded in the late 40s and killed many people.  It appears to be striking again until they discover the victims' deaths are the act of a serial killer not drowning.  Archie and his task force are on the case.     

This was chosen for a road trip audioread, and both Mr. Joy and I were not entertained.  We were happy to not be plagued with Gretchen Lowell, but the story was not engaging and a bit ridiculous.  I have the fifth in this series waiting in iTunes, but at this point I (we) may be done with it.


6 comments:

  1. Sorry this was a stinker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ Oh well. I've moved on. :)

      Delete
  2. Yikes!! I've never read past book one which I really liked. Maybe I will just stop there so that I can always have a favorable feeling towards it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staci ~ This has been my experience:

      #1 - 5/5!!!
      #2 - 3/5
      #3 - 2.25/5
      #4 - 2/5

      I really think it has ran its course for me and Mr. Joy.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous9:39 PM

    I loved the first one and she's a treat in person. I have the second one and need to get to it. Did you know that they're developing it for a series on FX?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ I don't think I knew that. Hmmm. Sad to say, I don't know if I'm interested.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!