Friday, December 20, 2013

SHARP OBJECTS

Author:  Gillian Flynn
Genre:  Thriller, Standalone
Published:  2006
Personal Rating:  3.5/5 (good)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Ann Marie Lee
Yearly Count:  103


Two young girls' deaths beckon a reporter who grew up in the same town.

Hmmm.  Neither this one nor Dark Places touch Gone Girl.  They have all gone down hill.  HOWEVER, that's not to say they were not good.  And, once again, I LOVE the creativity and unique story lines that Flynn produces.  I have not read anything like them and that keeps me intrigued.  This one produced several feelings at different points throughout the book, leaving me uncertain as to how I really feel about it.  I decided to stick with "good."



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:59 PM

    This was the first of hers I read and, like you, I thought it was good. But I didn't pick up Dark Places and only read Gone Girl after I couldn't ignore the hype anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ I just read on somebody's year end questionnaire that Gone Girl was their least favorite book. HA! Last year it was my absolute favorite. In general, I really like her writing.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!