Wednesday, September 03, 2014

ORPHAN TRAIN

Author:  Christina Baker Kline
Genre:  Historical Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2013
Personal Rating:  3.5/5 (good)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Jessica Almasy
& Suzanne Toren
Yearly Count:  61


A troubled teenager and an older woman work together on a project.  They develop an understanding for one another along the way.

I thought this was good.  Had I not listened to Rodzina last year, I may have liked it more.  There was more subplots going on in this book, but I didn't learn anything new about the orphan trains.

Thoughts of Joy

2 comments:

  1. I have this on my stack to read later this fall. It's not calling to me, but a few friends have recommended it, so I'm giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les ~ I think as a first introduction to Orphan Trains, you may enjoy it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!