Thursday, October 30, 2014

THE GOOD GIRL

Author:  Mary Kubica
Genre:  Psychological Thriller, Standalone
Published:  2014
Personal Rating:  4/5 (very good)
Format/Narrators:  Audiobook/4 Individuals
Yearly Count:  76    


The "Good Girl" is kidnapped.

What a VERY good book!  I really enjoyed it.  I almost gave it a 4.25/5, but I did not care for the 4 individual narrators.  My preference is that one person reads the book without giving a performance.  I'm fairly certain I would have thoroughly enjoyed this had I read it.   

Thoughts of Joy

10 comments:

  1. I've got to get my hands on this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ I hope you do and really enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  2. With that high rating, I'll have to add it to my list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les ~ I really enjoy this genre. It is a quiet book, but it hit the spot for me. I hope it makes a high rating for you, too.

      Delete
  3. Oh, good! I have this one waiting for me. I like having different narrators, but it does seem to be a trend right now and not everybody can pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicola ~ Like I told Les (above), it's quiet and there's not a lot of action, but I really like this type. I think the general concensus is that the narrators did a great job. It's just not for me. I hope you love them! :)

      Delete
  4. Always looking for great audio books. I'm like you, sometimes too many narrators can ruin the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staci ~ Is that YOU, Staci! Really YOU?!? I'm SO happy to see you. :)

      Delete
  5. Anonymous10:20 PM

    I'll have to look for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ Okay! :) Congrats on having such a fantastic football season! We are trying up here by saying goodbye to Hoke and seeking someone who can sprinkle some magic on our guys!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!