Thursday, November 20, 2014

HOLD FAST

Author:  Blue Balliett
Genre:  YA Mystery, Standalone
Published:  2013
Personal Rating:  2/5 (Not Enjoyable)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Bahni Turpin
Yearly Count:  85


The Pearls (Dash, Summer, Early and Jubilation) live in an apartment in Chicago.  Dash works in a library and loves to celebrate words.  He passes this love onto his family.  One day, Dash doesn't come home from work and the family seeks help, and then resort to some of their own sleuthing.

UGH.  I didn't like much about this book.  Instead of going on with a list of dislikes, I will say that I liked that there was a mystery.  AND, I thought the Chicago shelter scenes were interesting. 

Thoughts of Joy  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!