Friday, November 07, 2014

STRONG POISON

Author:  Dorothy Sayers
Genre:  Mystery, Lord Peter Wimsey Series #6
Published: 1930 (WHOA! Had no clue!)
Personal Rating:  3.25/5 (just okay +)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Ian Carmichael
Yearly Count:  81


A very theatrical performance due to British characters; however, in this case, it was very appropriate to express the proper intonation of the phrases.  BUT, I still am not a fan.

This was my first Wimsey book, and I was a little bit confused.  I didn't know if he was scheming, playing or serious.  His relationship with Harriet was baffling to me.  I did like some of the humor (Jeeves-like) in this book, but I have not been encouraged to read more.

Thoughts of Joy
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!