Monday, December 22, 2014

I FEEL BAD ABOUT MY NECK

Author:  Nora Ephron
Genre:  Non-Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2006
Personal Rating:  2/5 (not enjoyable)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Nora Ephron
Yearly Count:  100


Nora shares her thoughts on topics experienced by women.

My experience with this book was not positive.  The reason being . . . the majority of the book was negative.  It's supposed to be humorous - speaking the truth (Nora's truth) about real life disappointments.  I was not impressed and didn't appreciate the 'gotta laugh or we'll cry' kind of humor.  I guess I just wasn't in the mood for it.

Thoughts of Joy

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:01 PM

    Oh good! I read this during a 24 hour read--a-thon and didn't care for it either. I thought it might have been reading overload!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ Nah. It just wasn't good reading. LOL ;)

      Delete
  2. Yikes. I'm in the minority. I read this 2007 (July) and gave it a 4.5/5. Wonder if it was a timing thing for me, plus the fact that I read it rather than listened. Sorry you were disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les ~ For real!?! 4.5/5??? You must have been in quite a mood. LOL :) :) :) I'm sure timing had a LOT to do with it. And she actually read it, so all of HER shined through. Not for me.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!