Sunday, December 14, 2014

THE SCARLET LETTER

Author:  Nathaniel Hawthorne
Genre:  YA Graphic Novel, Manga Classic Series
Published:  2015
Personal Rating:  3.5/5 (good)
Format:  eBook
Yearly Count:  97


From NetGalley:
A powerful tale of forbidden love, shame, and revenge comes to life in Manga Classics: The Scarlet Letter.

Faithfully adapted by Crystal Chan from the original novel, this new edition features stunning artwork by SunNeko Lee (Manga Classics: Les Miserables) which will give old and new readers alike a fresh insight into the Nathaniel Hawthorne's tragic saga of Puritan America.

 I enjoyed the idea of reading a Manga style graphic novel again and found this one to be pretty good.  The graphics were done well, but nothing compels me to say it was any better than that.  I definitely love the idea of reading classics in this format.  That idea is a 5/5!  :)

Thoughts of Joy

My thanks go to Diamond Book Distributors and NetGalley for providing me with this eGalley.

2 comments:

  1. I'd be more likely to trey this version than to ever read the book again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ First time for me with this book, so it was a good choice. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!