Tuesday, December 30, 2014

THE THIRD RAIL

Author:  Michael Harvey
Genre:  Crime Fiction, Michael Kelly Series #3
Published:  2010
Personal Rating:  3.5/5 (good)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Stephen Hoye
Yearly Count:  106


Michael Kelly, former police officer, now private investigator, is on the L when a woman is shot near him.    

Oops!  I accidentally skipped the 2nd in this series.  I have it, but thought I already listened to it.  Skipping over it didn't cause me any problems, though. 

This one was interesting for me, because I'm very acquainted with Chicago, and I recognized most of the street names, etc.  More times than not, having a connection with the setting has a positive affect on my reading experience, and this was no different.  The storyline remained interesting throughout, but I hope I develop more interest in Michael as I read more in this series.  I don't feel I know enough about him.

Thoughts of Joy
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!