Friday, January 30, 2015

BIG LITTLE LIES

Author:  Liane Moriarty
Genre:  Women's Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2014
Personal Rating:  4/5 (very good)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Caroline Lee
Yearly Count:  7


Trivia Night at the local school provides the backdrop for the culmination of several lives to explode, which all began during Kindergarten orientation.

Out of the three Moriarty books I have read, I enjoyed this one best.  However, I picked out the culprits AND the supposed "twist" from the beginning.  So, seriously, this book had no surprises for me.  Oh!  Yes.  There was one.  Minor, but there was one.  I was definitely engaged enough to want to continue listening and find out what really happened on Trivia Night.

Thoughts of Joy


10 comments:

  1. I have to make the time to read more of her books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ Most people seem to love all her books, unfortunately, I'm not one of them. :(

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this one thoroughly. Listening to Caroline Lee's narration was a lot of fun. I think that added to my happy experience. Can't wait to see what this author will come up with next. Have you read THE HUSBAND'S SECRET?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay ~ Seriously, it's so good to see you hopping around the blogosphere. :)

      I think Caroline Lee did a good job, too. And, yes, I listened to The Husband's Secret. Didn't care for it that much. In general, I'm not a women's fiction reader. I find them very predictable and just not entertaining. So, for this one to get a 4 from me, it must have been incredible to others! :) :) :)

      Delete
  3. I have this one on my wish list to read. I imagine I will guess most of it too, but that's more common than not. LOL I am glad enjoyed this one, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literary Feline ~ I never used to even give it a thought, but now it just comes to me. I really would rather my brain not do that. :) I'd prefer being surprised.

      Delete
  4. Read or listen is all I need to decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les ~ I loved the audio version. She does distinguish between characters very well and makes them come alive.

      Delete
  5. I usually try not to actively figure out the twists but it does take a lot to surprise me. I liked the first of hers I read so I'm looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ I never activitely try to figure out the twists. I WANT surprises and twists and turns; however, after reading so many books, it is now coming naturally. :(

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!