Sunday, February 22, 2015

THE ICE PRINCESS

Author:  Camilla Lackberg
Genre:  Thriller/Patrik Hedstrom Series #1
Published:  2010
Personal Rating:  4/5 (very good)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/David Thorn
Yearly Count:  11


Returning to her hometown to take care of the family home, Erica discovers her childhood best-friend dead by suicide.  Patrik, a childhood friend, is the detective on the case.

Since finishing this book, I have read many reviews.  I do agree, there were many things not so good about it; however, I really liked it anyway.  :)  It did keep my attention, and I was very intrigued.  The audio version caused me a little bit of a problem in distinguishing names.  :(  I don't get along with accents very well, so on occasion I was confused in the beginning.  I definitely will be listening to more, though.

Thoughts of Joy

  

2 comments:

  1. Oh, me too! Or at least reading more. I'm glad this one worked well for you. I think I mentioned in my review that I switched over to the book itself because I didn't like the female voices. I haven't checked to see if the same guy narrates the next book. Anyway, I'm closing in on the finish to a John Verdon book right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay ~ Oh I'm a fan of John Verdon! I tried to get my hands on the audio of his latest, Peter Pan Must Die, but have had no luck. I may have to read it. That's fine, though. I've read all three thus far and have been happy with that. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!