Wednesday, July 15, 2015

THROUGH THE WOODS

Author:  Emily Carroll
Genre:  YA Graphic Novel, Standalone
Published:  2014
Personal Rating:  2/5 (not enjoyable)
Format:  Book
Yearly Count:  39


This is a collection of 5 short horror stories based on fairy tales.

This was a random pick during a hunt at the library for some graphic novels.  I didn't know what it was about -- had I known, I would not have chosen it.  I am not a fan of horror in any medium.  Also, I did not know these stories were based on fairy tales.  I've never liked fairy tales, so I was unable to identify the inspiration.  On a positive note, they do convey creepiness, so the theme prevails, and I did continue to turn the pages.

Thoughts of Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!