Thursday, September 24, 2015

FINDING JAKE

Author:  Bryan Reardon
Genre:  Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2015
Personal Rating:  3.5/5 (good)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/
George Newbern
Yearly Count:  53


There's a school shooting at the local high school, and Jake, a student who attends there, is missing.

I loved the narrator.  :)  The storyline itself was good, but I didn't find it to be anything special.  It was told in two timeframes:  before Jake and now.  The before Jake merges into today as we experience Jake's childhood through the eyes of his dad.

Thoughts of Joy

4 comments:

  1. George Newbern is a great narrator. I think I liked this book a little more than you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ I believe this was the first time I've heard him. I liked everything about him. :)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10:35 PM

    School shootings are just not something I can make myself read about it. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ Definitely not a pleasant topic.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!