Sunday, November 22, 2015

SECOND LIFE

Author:  S. J. Watson
Genre:  Psychological Thriller, Standalone
Published:  2015
Personal Rating:  4/5 (very good)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Susan Lyons
Yearly Count:  64


Julia loses her sister, Kate, to murder and is determined to find her killer.  Even if it means pretending she's something she's not.  Or is she?

I was engaged.  I was appalled.  I was surprised.  I was shocked.  I was never really sure if I liked the book or not.  Since finishing, I have determined that I liked it very much, but I did not like the main character as a person.  She was one self-absorbed woman with an addictive personality who made crazy choices.  When I reminded myself that she had a problem, I could accept the events much more easily.  Otherwise, it seemed too preposterous.  Lots of twists and turns! 

Thoughts of Joy

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, you've piqued my interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started this one a week or so ago, but couldn't get interested. I think I'm burned out on all of these books that are similar to Gone Girl and Girl on the Train. Glad you enjoyed it, though!

    Happy Belated Thanksgiving! Hope you had a lovely day, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les ~ I understand your reasoning for setting it aside. I tend to be drawn to these type books and can't help giving them a try. :)

      Hope your Thanksgiving was filled with lots of warm fuzzies!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!