Wednesday, December 16, 2015

YOU

Author:  Caroline Kepnes
Genre:  Suspense/You Series #1
Published:  2014
Personal Rating:  4/5 (very good)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/
Santino Fontana
Yearly Count:  68


From NetGalley:

When a beautiful, aspiring writer strides into the East Village bookstore where Joe Goldberg works, he does what anyone would do: he Googles the name on her credit card.

There is only one Guinevere Beck in New York City. She has a public Facebook account and Tweets incessantly, telling Joe everything he needs to know: she is simply Beck to her friends, she went to Brown University, she lives on Bank Street, and she’ll be at a bar in Brooklyn tonight—the perfect place for a “chance” meeting.

As Joe invisibly and obsessively takes control of Beck’s life, he orchestrates a series of events to ensure Beck finds herself in his waiting arms. Moving from stalker to boyfriend, Joe transforms himself into Beck’s perfect man, all while quietly removing the obstacles that stand in their way—even if it means murder.

Phew! I need a brain wash!  This book is a barrage of bad language and bad actions.  I had a very difficult time listening to the constant s*x talk and the descriptive words and actions; hence, a very difficult time rating it!  Had I known that this was what the book was about, I would not have read or listened to it.  It's just not my thing.  

However . . . 

once I picked it up, I was pretty much glued with anticipation.  I couldn't wait to get back to it and find out what was going to happen next.  The narrator, Santino, was fantastic.  Hidden Bodies, Book 2, is waiting for me, and I'm excited to get back to see what Joe is up to now.  If it goes down the same path as You, I think this one will be easier on my poor brain, because despite the awesome narration, I won't be listening.

Thoughts of Joy

My thanks go to Atria Books and NetGalley for providing me with this eGalley.

6 comments:

  1. I agree - it was hard to stop listening to this book. The narrator was sooo creepy, I don't think I'd want to meet him in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ Obsession is a dangerous beast.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11:26 PM

    I had trouble with this one and was so happy when my time with Joe was over :) I think it might have been the excellent narration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ I think so! We'll see how it goes when I read the next one.

      Delete
  3. This sounds entertaining, but I don't know if I want to listen to the audio, from what you've said. Might give the book a try, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les ~ The narrator was terrific. It's the content I prefer not to hear. If you give it a try, I hope you enjoy it LOTS! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!