Tuesday, November 21, 2017

DOWN A DARK ROAD

Author:  Linda Castillo
Genre:  Police Procedural,
Kate Burkholder Series #9
Published:  2017
Personal Rating:  3.75/5 (good +)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/
Kathleen McInerney
Yearly Count:  40


From NetGalley:
Eight years ago Joseph King was convicted of murdering his wife and sentenced to life in prison. He was a "fallen" Amish man and, according to local law enforcement, a known drug user with a violent temper. Now King has escaped, and he’s headed for Painters Mill.

News of a murderer on the loose travels like wildfire and putting Chief of Police Kate Burkholder and her team of officers on edge. A nightmare scenario becomes reality when King shows up with a gun and kidnaps his five children from their Amish uncle’s house. He’s armed and desperate with nothing left to lose.

Fearing for the safety of the children, Kate leaps into action, but her frantic search for a killer leads her into an ambush. When King releases her unharmed, asking her to prove his innocence, she begins to wonder whether the police are hiding something, and she embarks on her own investigation to discover the truth.

It was nice to get back to work with Kate Burkholder.  There were moments of disbelief for me, but it was still a good story, and it held my attention.  I enjoy this series as a whole and always look forward to the next.

Thoughts of Joy

My thanks go to Minotaur Books and NetGalley for providing me with the eGalley.
  

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying this series. I've only read one or two, as I recall.

    Happy Thanksgiving, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les IN OREGON! :) ~ I do like this series. It's definitely a comfort read for me.

      Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Christmas is only 22 days away . . . EEK! The year has flown by.

      Delete
  2. Linda Castillo is one of my favorites but I am embarrassed to say I didn't realize there was a new book. Oh well add this to my list. I am so glad you reviewed this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet ~ Another one is coming out in July, 2018 titled A Gathering of Secrets. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!