Wednesday, March 28, 2018

BEHAVE

Author:  Andromeda Romano-Lax
Genre:  Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2016
Personal Rating:  2/5 (not enjoyable)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/
Elisabeth Rogers
Yearly Count:  11


From NetGalley:
With Behave, Andromeda Romano-Lax offers a provocative fictional biography of Rosalie Rayner Watson, a woman whose work influenced generations of Americans, and whose legacy has been lost in the shadow of her husband's. In turns moving and horrifying, Behave is a richly nuanced and disturbing novel about science, progress, love, marriage, motherhood, and what all those things cost a passionate, promising young woman.
This first 4/5 of the book was not good.  It was very dry and just dragged on and on.  I can't comment much on the actual content, because I don't know for sure what was fictionalized or not.  The only interesting part was the last couple CDs.

Thoughts of Joy

My thanks go to Soho Press and NetGalley for providing me with the eGalley.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure this is based on real people. I enjoyed it far more than you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ It is! I didn't know what parts were fictionalized or not.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!