Tuesday, May 01, 2018

THE GREAT ALONE

Author:  Kristin Hannah
Genre:  Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2018 
Personal Rating:  3.25/5 (just okay +)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Julia Whelan
Yearly Count:  14


A family of 3 travel to Alaska in the 70s to escape the city life.  However, they don't escape themselves.

 This is not my genre of choice, but I can see how it could be a draw for others.  I happened to hear about it (high praise) and then ran into it at the library, so I picked it up.  However, it didn't wow me like it has others.  The way in which Hannah gets to the endpoint wasn't totally predicable, the actual overall storyline certainly was.  But, I suppose the journey is more important than the ending.  Ultimately, it was better than just okay.

Thoughts of Joy
  

6 comments:

  1. I have certainly heard good things about this book, though I've not read it yet. I have read other books by Kristin Hannah. I'll get to it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay ~ It has received very high praise, for sure. It was nice for the genre. (no disrespect intended)

      Delete
  2. I'm listening to it and am enjoying it, but not completely wowed as I was with The Nightingale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les ~ I rated The Nightingale a little higher, but don't remember it. Hope this one turns out great for you. :)

      Delete
  3. Anonymous1:14 AM

    I've seen great things but it hasn't called to me quite yet. I'm still waiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ It's quite popular right now. How's Gage doing?

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!