Monday, March 25, 2019

IF I RUN

Author:  Terri Blackstock
Genre:  Christian Thriller, If I Run #1
Published:  2016
Personal Rating:  2/5 (not enjoyable)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Nan Gurley
Yearly Count:  12


From NetGalley:
Casey didn't kill her friend Brent. She discovered his body, but she'd never try to hurt him. He's the only person she's ever trusted enough to tell the truth about what happened to her father . . . and there's no doubt in her mind that Brent was killed trying to help her prove it. She has to run before they get to her too.

Dylan Roberts was hired to find Casey and bring her back so that justice can be served. As a former Criminal Investigator for the Army, he can't imagine that tracking down one girl will be that difficult.

But the more elusive Casey turns out to be, the more Dylan digs into her past to try to determine what she might be thinking. What he finds there doesn't fit the profile of a killer at all. She's unlike any other fugitive he's ever seen.

The police refuse to discuss any other possibilities. There's something more going on here. Something more to this fugitive who has captured his attention. Now he just has to figure out what it is . . . and Casey just has to stay one step ahead of everyone who's after her.


How many ways can you roll your eyes?  The narrator had no character voice change, it was very unrealistic and dare I say a bit saccharine (could have been the narrator).  And, you are left with an open ending.  This, of course, is because it's #1 of 3.  Yikes!  I will not be reading anymore in this trilogy, because it simply wasn't for me.

Thoughts of Joy

My thanks go to Zondervan and NetGalley for providing me with the eGalley.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had warned you! Especially the ending, blech

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Hello!!! Your latest comment prompted me to figure out what was wrong with my settings. I could publish, but not respond. It took me an hour, but I figured it out - without my husband's help. Tee hee. I'd just rather ask him to be honest.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!