Tuesday, July 16, 2019

The Teen Years Begin


Thoughts of Joy is 13 today!

While this space hasn't received much love and/or attention, I still plan to continue keeping a record of my reading/listening.

I decided to put my goal for the 2019 Goodreads Reading Challenge really low so I wouldn't feel any pressure to read.  That was all fine and dandy as I was naturally reading at a decent pace.  Well, I was going to exceed the goal quickly, so I changed it.  Now . . . I'm 3 behind.  Go figure!  It's not a big deal, just a mental space I wanted free.  Not sure if I'm going to do something about it or not.  We'll see.

Last summer I did cull many books, but there are many more lingering on shelves and in closets.  I will continue my quest for culling as the mood strikes.

So, my teen years begin with the hope of keeping up with my posting a bit better.  For some reason, I don't receive notification of comments anymore.  I have to go into my blog and look for them!  Sorry to those I haven't responded to in a timely manner.  I have found some more that I will address soon.  Thanks for reading, commenting and celebrating 13 years of blogging with me!

Happy Reading to All!

Thoughts of Joy

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 13 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your blogiversary! I still visit and enjoy reading your reviews.

    I set a goal of 50 books on Goodreads and I'm actually ahead by 7! Whoohoo! I've had a pretty good year of reading, so far. I'm trying to read what's already on my shelves, but those will last me another 3 or 4 years, easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have spent the last couple years purging books and buying new ones, so my shelves are still pretty full. :) I just changed my goal on GR to 52, because I met the 26 I set for myself.

      Delete
  3. Wow! 13 years! Happy 'teen' blogversary! Always nice to see a post from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time sure does fly, doesn't it? I'll be 16 next month! Woo! :)

      Delete
  4. Happy belated birthday, you Teenager you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting up there in age - 16 this year! (2022)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!