Monday, February 28, 2022

February Reads

5.  Rock Paper Scissors (Feeney) ~ 3/5 (just okay), audiobook

This was not an exciting book.  I kept waiting for the big event or something to happen.  When it did, I thought I heard it wrong and was confused.  There were a couple twists that I appreciated, but overall, it seemed a bit boring.  2-4-22


6.  An Unwanted Guest (Lapena) ~ 3.25/5 (just okay +), audiobook

I guessed part of this locked room mystery.  It had a full cast of characters that were suspects in a murder.  I didn't feel like it was suspenseful, like I thought it was intended.  It had a satisfying ending, though.  2-15-22


7.  Salt to the Sea (Sepetys) ~ 4/5 (very good), YA book

Another piece of WWII history that I was unaware of or don't remember.  Sepetys makes history come alive in her fictional depictions.  I felt the struggles, the pain and the love.  2-15-22


8.  The Younger Wife (Hepworth) ~ 3.75/5 (good +), ebook, NetGalley

There was definitely more to think about after reading this than during the process.  It took me a second to come to my conclusion as the book ended, and I'm not so sure I like it.  I did enjoy the variety of personalities and that it made me think.  2-18-22


9.  Finlay Donovan is Killing It (Cosimano) ~ 3.75/5 (good +), book/book club

Not my favorite genre, mainly because I think they can get too silly.  This one had a better balance than others I have read.  I did get sucked into Finlay's world and actually laughed out loud.  It was a clever book, and I loved the ending -- great setup for the next book.  2-22-22


10.  Verity (Hoover) ~ 4/5 (very good), book/book club

Oh My Goodness!!  I thought this was a romance/thriller book when it was chosen for book club.  It was more like a p*rn/horror book.  YIKES!  I don't choose to read either of those genres.  It was my first Hoover book and apparently hers in this genre, as well.  Ultimately, I thought it was very good, but I had a VERY difficult time reading some scenes.  Did NOT like that at all.  The storyline itself was intriguing, and I was invested.  I figured out bits, but not exacts.  Team Manuscript or Team Letter?!  2-25-22


11.  Eight Perfect Murders (Swanson) ~ 3.5/5 (good), audiobook

I wanted to love this one, but that didn't happen.  I really enjoyed the premise, but unfortunately, I didn't get to benefit from all the book references.  I have not read them all, so that went over my head.  However, what I did love was the last line.  2-26-22


12.  Sea Prayer (Hosseini) ~ 3/5 (just okay), book

Don't know what I expected, but this wasn't it.  It was a short, okay read with a melancholy message.  2-27-22 


Monthly - Yearly

Audiobooks:  3 - 4

Books:  4 - 6

eBooks: 1 - 2

New-to-Me Authors:  4 - 7

DNF:  0 - 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!