Monday, October 31, 2022

October Reads


57.  Confessions on the 7:45 (Unger) ~ 3.5/5 (good), audiobook

This was an enjoyable read.  It kept my interest, and I liked the twists.  10-5-22



58.  Reckless Girls (Hawkins) ~ 2.75/5 (eh +), audiobook, NetGalley

This felt like a common "thriller".  It was a quick read and the pace was good, but it definitely did not thrill me.  There was nothing memorable about it and the ending was predictable.  I didn't care for any of the surface characters either.  10-14-22



59.  The Last Housewife (Winstead) ~ 2/5 (eh), book

WTH!  This was a very disturbing book.  Definitely not my idea of a fun, thrilling read.  I didn't enjoy the topic, and the beginning was interesting.  There were a few good twists, too, but it just got too weird for me.  10-14-22



60.  The Measure (Erlick) ~ 4/5 (very good), book

I read this very quickly due to its intriguing storyline.  I was invested in all the character's lives.  It really gives you something to think about.  10-22-22



61.  It Starts With Us (Hoover) ~ 3.25/5 (just okay +), book

I zipped through the the first half of this book.  I simply enjoyed being back in the presence of the characters to see what was happening.  Other than that, I thought it was okay.  A bit repetitive and the storyline added another character that was whatever.  Another easy reading experience.  10-26-22



62.  Too Good To Be True (Lovering) ~ 3.5/5 (good), NetGalley, audiobook

Most of this was enjoyable.  However, the last 1/4 went in a direction that I wasn't expecting, and that was disappointing.  Still good, though.  10-28-22



63.  Wrong Place Wrong Time (McAllister) ~ 3/5 (just okay), book

My expectations were a bit too high for this one, I'm afraid.  There were some good twists, but in general, I didn't care for the writing style.  I didn't know much about this book and was surprised to find time travel.  That turned out okay, except for the repetition.  10-31-22

       


Monthly - Yearly

Audiobooks:  3 - 21

Books:  4 - 36

eBooks:  1 - 6

New-to-Me Authors:  4 - 35

DNF:  1 - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!