Friday, March 31, 2023

March Reads



13.  Speak (Anderson & Carroll) ~ 3.5/5 (good), book, YA graphic novel

I think I liked this graphic novel better than the book that I read years ago.  3-2-23



14.  The Madness of Crowds (Penny) ~ 3.5/5 (good), audiobook, mystery

I loved being back in Three Pines, as usual, but I was a little bored.  The mystery felt drawn out -- a little slow going.  However, I loved the nuggets of wisdom and the setting.  3-4-23



15.  The Writing Retreat (Bartz) ~ 2/5 (not enjoyable), ebook, NetGalley, Thriller

Loved the idea of this book and was enjoying the beginning, but it didn't deliver.  Sadly, I didn't care for quite a bit:  subplots, characters, book in a book, etc.  3-10-23



16.  Amari and the Night Brothers (Alston) ~ 2.25/5 (not enjoyable +), audiobook/book, bookclub, middle grade fantasy

I found that on occasion I enjoy a YA book and even a bit of fantasy, but this didn't work for me.  It's clever for the right audience.  3-11-23



17.  Long Way Down (Reynolds) ~ 3/5 (just okay), book, YA graphic novel

As poignant as this book was, I still didn't like it.  The message was obvious, but was it really?  Nothing was fully clear and the ending certainly didn't help.  If it had even more decisive, I would have appreciated it more.  Maybe it was a bit too artsy for such a serious topic.  ???  3-17-23 



18.  I Found You (Jewell) ~ 3/5 (just okay), audiobook, mystery

I liked the writing, but the story definitely required suspending my disbelief.  My first Jewell turned out to not be a stellar read for me, but I will pick up another -- have plenty on my shelves!  I do hope for a better outcome.  3-17-23



DNF - The Neighbor's Secret (Heller), book/audiobook, fiction



19.  Foster (Keegan) ~ 3.25/5 (just okay +), audiobook, fiction

The writing was good, but I didn't appreciate the ending.  3-24-23



20.  Small Things Like These (Keegan) ~ 3.5/5 (good), audiobook, fiction

Once again, liked the writing, but this one had a better ending than the previous book.  3-27-23



21.  Cici's Journal (Chamberlain) ~ (3.5/5) good, book, middle grade graphic novel

This book is perfect for middle graders.  It may even encourage some writing!  3-28-23



22.  The Risk (Abby) ~ 3.5/5 (good), book, #1 of the Minds*ck Series, Thriller

I'm definitely interested to see what happens!  3-30-23
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!