Monday, July 31, 2023

July Reads



38.  Before She Finds Me (Chavez) ~ 2/5 (not enjoyable), ebook, NetGalley, thriller

The beginning was intriguing, and I was engaged, but soon it became mundane.  The ending picked up a bit, but by then . . . it was too late.  I didn't care.  7-2-23



39.  Good Rich People (Brazier) ~ 2.5/5 (eh), book, thriller

This was a peculiar one.  It actually kept my attention, but it never quite delivered.  I was hoping for something interesting to happen at the end that was redeeming.  It didn't happen.  7-6-23



40.  False Witness (Slaughter) ~ 3.5/5 (good), audiobook, thriller

I thought the storyline was tough to listen to, but I was invested.  It was a bit too long with some repetition of phrases or scenes - not a fan.  In general, it was good, but that's about it.  7-19-23



41.  The Senator's Wife (Constantine) ~ 3.5/5 (good), ebook, NetGalley, thriller

I predicted what would happen for most of this book, but still enjoyed watching it play out.  It reminded me of soap opera drama -- a bit over the top, but still interesting.  7-22-23



42.  And There He Kept Her (Moehling) ~ 3.5/5 (good), audiobook, NetGalley, thriller

The police procedural portion was enjoyable to follow and the characters were fine, EXCEPT for the girl he kept there.  The dialog between the two was ridiculously unrealistic.  7-26-23



43.  The Night Swim (Goldin) ~ 3.5/5 (good), audiobook, NetGalley, mystery

Another book that I liked following along, but this one was a court case.  I enjoyed the podcast within the storyline.  Parts of this book reminded me of the true story of Know My Name (Miller).
7-29-23 



44.  The Only One Left (Sager) ~ 3.75/5 (good +), book, thriller

Okay ... I thought this was a little bit better than good, but not quite very good.  I only guessed one twist out of many -- loved all the twists.  There were several points that were incredibly unrealistic that it was hard for me to enjoy the ride.  However, I was invested and wanted to know how it would all work out.
7-30-23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!