Saturday, September 30, 2023

September Reads



52.  The Last One (Dean) ~ 2/5 (not enjoyable), ebook, horror, NetGalley

Oh my!  This was an incredibly difficult book for me to read and rate.  I'm not a fan of horror, so that did not bode well.  I did want to know how it was going to end, but I guessed the last page, and it left me feeling ick!  Overall, I wasn't happy while reading it, so 2/5 it is.  9-3-23


53.  The Coworker (McFadden) ~ 3.25/5 (just okay +), audiobook, thriller

This was an easy listen while doing other things.  Nothing surprising, but fine.  9-8-23



54.  Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone (Stevenson) ~ 2.5/5 (eh), audiobook, mystery

I liked the uniqueness of breaking the fourth wall, but I was bored.  It just wasn't good timing for me.  9-17-23



55. Shiver (Reynolds) ~ 3.25/5 (just okay +), audiobook, thriller

Loved the setting, but the storyline was just okay.  There wasn't anything wrong with it - just ordinary.  9-27-23



56.  Darling Girls (Hepworth) ~ 3/5 (just okay), ebook, fiction, NetGalley

The "before and present" timelines were both interesting, but I'm tired of dual timelines.  I, also, didn't connect with any of the characters.  The main twist wasn't a surprise, but it was still an okay read.  I enjoy Hepworth's writing and will continue to pick up her books.  This one just didn't sparkle.  9-28-23 



57.  Any Man (Tamblyn) ~ 3/5 (just okay), audiobook, fiction

This was a difficult read.  It was unique perspective, and the audio was very realistic, but I just thought it was okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!