Thursday, July 16, 2026

20 Years!!!



I spent the last 20 years recording the books I have read in Thoughts of Joy. This blog has taken many twists and turns in how I have interacted with it, but no matter how I went about it, it has been a great placeholder for my thoughts. 


My choice of favorite genres hasn’t changed much in the last 20 years - I virtually like what I like. It has broadened a little though. I’m open to try other genres every once in a while, especially as palette cleansers. 


For the last several years, I have participated in a couple challenges that I adapted to my needs. The biggest change I implemented has been to only choose books from my shelves. This has helped me tremendously to read what I own; however, ultimately I have read most of them via audio. 😝  I still love my collection of books whether they are hardcover, paperback or ebooks. That hasn’t changed. 


A major change in my reading habits has only happened within the last year or two. I have learned to DNF without guilt. I wish it didn’t take me this long to get to this point, but I’m glad I’m exercising that now. I’m 20 years older, as well as the blog, so that probably has made the greatest difference. Life Is too short to waste my time and effort on books that I’m not enjoying.


Providing I’m still reading and this blog site is still available, I plan on continuing posting about my reads. What format that takes may change, but I’ll still be sharing my thoughts.


Until next time . . . Happy Reading!

(That's what I'll be doing.)


📚 Joy 📚 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!