Saturday, March 31, 2007

By the Decades Challenge ~ 80's (1989)

RULES OF PREY
John Sandford ~ BOiPod
Personal Rating: 4.25/5
Yearly Count: 24




This is the first of Sandford's "Prey" series, which I have been meaning to get to for years. Thanks to the
Decades Challenge hosted by 3M, I had another reason to finally read about the serial killer named Maddog and the detective who's after him, Lucas Davenport.

Listening to the author's reminiscence at the end of the book gave me a little more insight into the character Lucas and how the author wanted him to be portrayed. Lucas didn't quite make it there for me as a man, but I did like his police work. I'm hoping that the next book in the series is after Lucas receives a slap upside the head, which he so deserves! I'll be checking to see.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, yes. Lucas definitely deserves a slap upside his head several times in this series. But he is so loveable. Just stick with the series. I've read so many, I've lost count. He's one of those guys you hate, but can't help loving. I'm not sure how many I've reviewed on my blog, but head over there and use the search function to see what all I've posted about. I look forward to more of your reveiws, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Les ~ "UPSIDE" the head...that's the word I was looking for. Thank you! :) I said "in". LOL I will definitely come by and check out what you had to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read any of Sandford's books. I am debating if I should add it to my hugely overgrown list or should I try to shrink the list first and hope I come across another review which will remind me later. Who am I kidding. It's just going to continue growing. So I'm adding it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:41 PM

    I am with booklogged...who am I kidding..I just added it to my ever growing list. However, I have never read anything by John Sandford, however being in themental health profession I am very much interested in both fiction and non-fiction accounts of the criminal mind. I always love coming here and seeing what is new. thanks for taking the time to post about books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:47 PM

    One of my girlfriends absolutely loves this series but I just couldn't get into it at all. It's the serial killer thing. It's so overdone and it's pitiful that it's used so callously and frequently as it is today as entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Booklogged ~ Choices are good. :)

    Danielle B ~ I find the criminal mind interesting as well.

    Carrie K ~ I agree. I do not like the "entertainment" aspect of it; however, what does intrigue me is the criminal mind like I said above. Unfortunately it does come with some unpleasant scenes. Also, MORE OFTEN than not, the bad guys are caught. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!