Thursday, November 06, 2008

THE SINNER

Author:  Tess Gerritsen
Genre:  Medical Thriller
Published:  2003
Personal Rating:  3.25/5
Yearly Count:  144



Two nuns, one young and one old, are found beaten in an unused chapel.  Unfortunately, one is already dead and the other is on the verge.  As difficult as it seems to figure this one out - important information regarding both nuns begin to appear through Detective Jane Rizzoli's investigation and Medical Examiner Maura Isles's autopsy.  Then, Rozzoli's quasi-boyfriend and Isles's ex-husband show up - both unannounced.       

This third book in the Rizzoli-Isles series wasn't as engaging as some of the other Gerritsen books I have read.  This one focused more on the love lives of the two main characters, which provided good background information for me, but did not lend itself to being a page-turner.    

The Sinner is my last "fill in the gaps" book for the Rizzoli-Isles series.  Now I'm on to book number six (The Mephisto Club) and seven (The Keepsake - which just came out in September), to be fully caught up.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:35 PM

    I haven't read any of Tess Gerritsen's work, but I know a lot of people love it. Plus, she was quoted in the NY Times ad for Against Medical Advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was the only person who hadn't read Gerritsen. I'm going to repent of that someday soon. I also had not heard of this series. Good for you for getting almost caught up. I have no doubt that you will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read two of this series, but I plan on reading the rest. They are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bermudaonion ~ I saw that! I'm still very excited about it.

    Booklogged ~ Thanks for the encouragement. :) If you like medical thrillers, then you'll like it.

    Framed ~ This was my least favorite out of 5, but look forward to more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!