Monday, May 25, 2009

SKIN DEEP (3 of 10)

Author: Eleanor Bluestein
Genre: Short Story Collection
Published: Tea & Other Ayama Na Tales, 2008
Personal Rating: 3.5/5 (good)
(ss) Yearly Count: 18



Song, a university student, takes a year off to participate in beauty pageants. She is ambivalent to begin with, but eventually gets swept up in the hoopla.

I enjoyed this trip down the walkway. Song is a great example of people that come to crossroads in their life - a decision needs to be made, but at what cost? This lesson was taught in a very unique way. I liked it.

2 comments:

  1. This was one of my favorites in the collection--interesting how the dummy began to voice some of the things Song was thinking deep down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish ~ I think I liked the beginning stories better, but there hasn't been one I didn't like. :) I'm looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!