Thursday, June 11, 2009

THE BLANKS (7 of 10)

Author: Eleanor Bluestein
Genre: Short Story Collection
Published: Tea & Other Ayama Na Tales, 2008
Personal Rating: 4/5 (very good)
(ss) Yearly Count: 22



An angry American couple visit Ayama Na and test the tour guide to his limits with their rude and obnoxious behavior.

I found this to be very interesting due to the psychological aspect of the characters. Figuring out why people make the choices they do, and how others are affected by them and respond to them was intriguing to me. There was a supernatural element to the story and usually I don't care for that, but it worked great in this one.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check this one out further! I am especially curious about choices and consequences (in the way of influence and impact on people) too. Thanks for bringing this one to my attention, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bermudaonion ~ This one really kept me interested by the suspense. I wanted to know how it was going to end up.

    Literary Feline ~ It's a short story, so there's not a lot of depth, but nonetheless, I liked it. There was personal struggle involved and that made it seem very realistic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!