Sunday, July 12, 2009

RAVENS

Author: George Dawes Green
Genre: Thriller, Standalone
Published: 2009
Personal Rating: 2.75/5 (better than eh)
Yearly Count: 83



Please Note: While being thankful for the opportunity to receive and read this ARC, I feel the need to post the blurb from its cover. However, in my opinion there is usually too much disclosed. Read at your own discretion.

From the ARC cover:

The Boatwrights just won 318 million dollars in the Georgia State Lottery. It's going to be the worst day of their lives.

That night, he visits the Boatwright home and takes the family hostage, while Romeo patrols the streets nearby, prepared to murder the Boatwrights' loved ones at any sign of resistance. At first, the family offers none. But Shaw's plot depends on maintaining constant fear -- merciless, unfaltering terror -- and soon, under the pressure, everyone's sanity begins to unravel....

At once frightening, comic, and suspenseful, RAVENS is a wholly original and utterly compelling novel from one of our most talented writers.

I couldn't wait to find out how these two were going to scheme their way into the family and then confiscate half the winnings. The plan ended up being interesting, but the execution turned out to not be fully developed. It became implausible, therefore a bit silly to me. I did enjoy a couple of the characters - they actually added some stability to the plot.



Thank you Miriam, from Hachette Book Group, for sending me this ARC. Ravens is scheduled to be released on July 15, 2009.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this one - sorry it didn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bermudaionion ~ Yeah, me too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!