Friday, September 04, 2009

DEADLINE

Author: Chris Crutcher
Genre: YA Fiction, Standalone
Published: 2007
Personal Rating: 2.75/5 (better than eh)
Yearly Count: 105



High school senior Ben Wolf is diagnosed with an aggressive form of leukemia and chooses to keep the news to himself and live his remaining time as "normal" as possible.

Deadline is not necessarily a sad, sappy novel. I believe its intent is to have some deep meaning or profound affect upon your thoughts of living your last days, but it did not reach that level for me. I liked Ben, the surrounding cast of characters and the writing - a lot, so I would like to read another Crutcher book, but this story line just didn't do anything for me. I'm clearly in the minority though - it's highly rated on Amazon.

2 comments:

  1. Crutcher has a set of die-hard fans. As for me, I've never read him but I have checked this book out from the library only to return it unread...now I don't feel bad because it looks like I didn't miss out on anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci ~ To think back on it now - I like it less. I don't think you missed out on anything either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!