Thursday, June 10, 2010

BONE: OUT FROM BONEVILLE


Author: Jeff Smith
Genre: Children's Graphic Novel, Series #1
Published: 2005
Personal Rating: 2/5 (not enjoyable)
Yearly Count: 46


Three blobby cousins are kicked out of town for dishonesty and soon become lost in a new land that contains talking creatures: bugs, opossum, monsters and dragons. Early on, the cousins become separated, and they each have a different experience as they search for one another.

I have seen young kids reading this series for many years, and I finally picked it up. I discovered that I'm not missing anything. It flowed well and had a lot of excitement, but overall - not for me. I'm glad I read it though. My curiosity has been quenched.

3 comments:

  1. My husband convinced me to read the series when it first came out as he's a fan. I enjoyed it overall, but it's not one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a middle school librarian I can not keep this series on the shelves and so I read them for myself. I loved it!! I have a lot of great conversations with my students about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Literary Feline ~ This is one of those series that I can understand why others would enjoy it - it just wasn't my cup of tea.

    Staci ~ I'm not surprised! If I worked with middle schoolers I would buy into the series more, I'm sure. :) When I worked with 6th graders (elementary at the time), I got into their books. I just found a different angle or connection that I could confer with them about.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!