Sunday, August 08, 2010

THE TERRIBLE AXE-MAN OF NEW ORLEANS

Author: Rick Geary
Genre: YA NF Graphic Novel, Series
Published: 2010
Personal Rating: 4/5 (very good)
Yearly Count: 69


Beginning in 1918, during the darkest time of night, someone is murdering grocery store owners (that live behind the store front) with the victims' own axe.

I did not know about this axe-man. I didn't even know anything about the history of New Orleans, so this was very informative. Can't say I enjoyed learning about the deaths, but the way in which the mystery is told is fascinating. Kudos to Rick! Again.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wonderful...another Rick Geary GN to hunt down! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bybee ~ I really have to get my hands on his other graphic series. I know I'll love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!