Wednesday, July 12, 2017

ROUGHNECK

Author:  Jeff Lemire
Genre:  Graphic Novel, Standalone
Published:  2017
Personal Rating:  4.25/5 (very good +)
Format:  Book
Yearly Count:  29


An ex-hockey player and his sister reunite and attempt to bring their broken lives to a better place.

I sat down and read this in a very short period of time.  Obviously, as a graphic novel it's going to go fast, but I was intrigued by the story and the graphics, which encouraged me to keep turning the pages.

Thoughts of Joy
  

4 comments:

  1. I love a good graphic novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!I've never heard of this one. Nice to have a 4.25 rating, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les ~ I need a novel like that! :) I have often wondered how mood (or personal life happenings) affect my reading and realize that while I do believe it weighs in there, it's not the "be all" by any means! I have had several yucky years of reading (read - not a lot of Best Reads), but that's not my life. All is well and happy-go-lucky! What I think happens more often than not is that I'm terrible at choosing books. That's just how it goes. LOL I'll keep persevering! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!