Sunday, November 26, 2017

MY STORY

Author:  Elizabeth Smart
Genre:  Memoir, Standalone
Published:  2013
Personal Rating:  3.25/5 (just okay +)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Elizabeth Smart
Yearly Count:  41


Elizabeth Smart shares the nightmare she experienced when she was kidnapped for 9 months at the age of 14.

While the story was heartbreaking to hear, I think it could have been presented in a much better way.  Elizabeth was expressing her sassy and sarcastic 14-year-old attitude when she described certain aspects of her captivity.  That didn't bode well with me.  It sounded childish and not the mature adult she is today.  However, I love her attitude regarding the terrifying 9 months of her life and how she has moved on to help others.

Thoughts of Joy
   

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that she's been able to put her life back together but I'm not sure I want to read about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ I was able to somewhat disconnect, because of her narration. If someone else read it, I imagine it would have been even harder to hear.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!