Sunday, July 29, 2018

GOLDILOCKS AND THE INFINITE BEARS

Author:  John McNamee
Genre:  Graphic Comic, Standalone
Published:  2018
Personal Rating:  2.75/5 (eh +)
Format:  eBook
Yearly Count:  25


From NetGalley:
Pie Comics began as a college comic strip way back is the mid '00s, when flip phones roamed the earth. But it wasn't until a shoulder injury forced John to simplify his drawing style and improvise the comics instead of actually sitting down and writing them that Pie Comics became the beloved strip it is today! This collection showcases some of the funniest and most trenchant of Onion writer John McNamee's online comic strips.

I didn't know about this author's comic strip, so I went in blind.  The comics are based on fairy tales, books/movies and some general life.  Like most comics, some are better than others.  Ultimately, I smiled here and there, some were not familiar to me, and others I didn't really care for.  The drawings are minimal, but they get the point across.  I would read more by him, but I wasn't super impressed either. 

Thoughts of Joy

My thanks go to Lion Forge and NetGalley for providing me with this eGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!