Sunday, December 16, 2018

KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON

Author:  David Grann
Genre:  Non-Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2017
Personal Rating:  3.75/5 (good +)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/
Patton, Lee & Campbell
Yearly Count:  46


From Goodreads:
In the 1920s, the richest people per capita in the world were members of the Osage Indian Nation in Oklahoma. After oil was discovered beneath their land, the Osage rode in chauffeured automobiles, built mansions, and sent their children to study in Europe.

Then, one by one, they began to be killed off.

A true-life murder mystery about one of the most monstrous crimes in American history.

Oh my goodness!  I feel a bit naive, but I'll just chalk it up to nobody told me!  While this was quite a tragic part of history, I think it could have been told in a better fashion.  Maybe audio wasn't the way to go with this one, because I do recommend it.

Thoughts of Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!