Sunday, December 30, 2018

THIS ONE SUMMER

Author:  Mariko & Jillian Tamaki
Genre:  Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2014
Personal Rating:  3/5 (just okay)
Format:  Book
Yearly Count:  50


From Goodreads:
Every summer, Rose goes with her mom and dad to a lake house in Awago Beach. It's their getaway, their refuge. Rosie's friend Windy is always there, too, like the little sister she never had. But this summer is different. Rose's mom and dad won't stop fighting, and when Rose and Windy seek a distraction from the drama, they find themselves with a whole new set of problems. It's a summer of secrets and sorrow and growing up, and it's a good thing Rose and Windy have each other.

Not much to say about this graphic novel. Some of it felt realistic and some not, but whatever. I continued to read, so that says something.

Thoughts of Joy

2 comments:

  1. I gave this one the same rating as you. (Reviewed here. I'm not a huge Graphic Novel fan.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les ~ OH! I'll have to pop over sometime. Today is get these comments posted and responded to! I've been having trouble signing in and a host of other problems! UGH. Mr. Joy fixed it up, so I hopefully will receive comments and be able to respond from here on out. As for graphic novels, I read them as a break and specifically to meet my 52 books a year goal. HA! Happy New Year!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!