Monday, January 31, 2022

January Reads

 

I'm back to reading more handheld, paper books, and . . .
 I'm loving it!


1.  True Crime Story (Knox) ~ 3/5 (just okay), ebook, NetGalley

This took me a minute to get used to the format.  It was a little awkward to hear from many people via interviews and emails, once adjusted -- I followed fine.  Parts of the interviews felt real, everybody has their own version of what they saw or didn't see.  I was interested in the outcome, but it was a slow process.  1-17-22



2.  The Butcher (Hillier) ~ 3.5/5 (good), audiobook 

It wasn't a page turner for me, but some of the scenes seemed unrealistic.  It definitely was good, though.  1-19-22



3.  No Exit (Adams) ~ 4.5/5 (excellent), book/book club

Hooray!  I didn't want to put this book down.  I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end.  I loved the little quips and the twists and turns.  Be aware, there are some very difficult and perplexing scenes.  One negative, there were some holes in the story, but they were forgiven.  This is going on my Favorites bookshelf for sure.  1-29-22



4.  Everything I Need to Know I Learned From Mister Rogers' Neighborhood (Wagner) ~ 3/5 (just okay), book

I love all that Mister Rogers taught and represented.  He was such a gentle and giving soul.  Love Mister Rogers.  Didn't love the book.  1-30-22



Monthly - Yearly

Audiobooks:  1 - 1

Books:  2 - 2

eBooks: 1 - 1

New-to-Me Authors:  3 - 3

DNF:  0 - 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!