Saturday, September 09, 2006

"A" Title-Based A ~ Z Reads

THE ANALYST
John Katzenbach
Personal Rating: 4.5/5





I have had this book on my TBR List for years and I finally had the pleasure of reading it. I cannot tell you why it took me so long to pick it up or why it took me 12 days to read it, but I was truly engrossed in this psychological adventure. As much as I’d like to say it was a page-turner for me, I can’t. It continually "called my name" and I looked forward to reading it, but I was able to temporarily set it aside until the next time. I must have been subconsciously savoring it. (grin) Also, I found the story to have a methodical approach, which was contradictory to the twists and turns it contained making the book an interesting and unpredictable read.

The following quote from THE ANALYST is one we have all experienced and one that I enjoyed ruminating over:

“Time is elastic, isn’t it? Moments can last forever, or else evaporate instantly. Time is really a function of our own view of the world.”

I also liked: "Identity is a quilt of experience..."

4 comments:

  1. I like twists and turns in my reading. Sounds like a good book. Isn't it a good feeling to pull something off your shelves and have it turn out to be enjoyable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the quotes. Also, I am planning on an A to Z reading plan. I notice you didn't necessarily read alphabetically as long as you got one from each letter. I can't decide how I want to proceed. At least I've found another list in case I get stuck on a letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh...I hope you enjoy the A ~ Z reading plan!!! I chose to not read them in order because I didn't want to feel "trapped" into having to read a certain letter. There were many times when I was very grateful to have a choice because I really didn't feel like reading many of the remaining letters, even when all the books were ones that I wanted to read.

    That reminds me...I have two A ~ Z lists (title and author). I compiled about 4 books for each letter (mainly off of my TBR list) before starting. It took me a couple of days and it actually made me crazy because there were soooo many books I wanted to read (happy crazy, though), but I wanted to have a line-up of books to choose from without searching every time. As I went along, I added and crossed off depending on...well, my mood. :)

    That may not work for you, but that's how I did it. I've had a lot of fun with it. I hope you do too. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Joy. I've already decided to go alphabetically just to keep me from reading all the books I really want to read first and then slogging my way to the finish. We'll see how long I stay with that. It also depends on availability. I'm reading Moonstone now but will start A~Z then. I can tell making the list will be time-consuming but I can find suggestions from your blog that will help.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!