Thursday, November 16, 2006

"M" Author-Based A ~ Z Reads

THE GOOD GOOD PIG
Sy Montgomery
Personal Rating: 3.5/5





This wasn't my first choice for a "M" author, but I had it on hold at the library since July and it just came in! The writing wasn't anything spectacular or highly memorable and the added details of Montgomery's other books and adventures didn't thrill me either, BUT...the Christopher Hogwood parts were endearing.

I picked the book up late one evening and finished it the next day, obviously making it a quick read. It was a nice change of pace and I liked learning about pigs, especially Chris's relationship with his family and friends. It's amazing just how much meaning an animal can bring to one's life, even when it's a pig.

2 comments:

  1. Who would have thought that a story about a pig would sell? Sounds pretty good, though.

    I don't know if I mentioned how much I like what you've written under the title of your blog. If not, I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booklogged ~ Thanks for continually visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments! :)

    I'm a library user, thankfully. If I wasn't, we'd be living in a cave somewhere. There obviously wasn't many copies of this one available through the library because it took 4 months for me to get it! I'm glad I read it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!