Thursday, December 14, 2006

"G" Author-Based A ~ Z Reads

THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF SANTA CLAUS
Jeff Guinn
Personal Rating: 3/5






I was pleasantly surprised with this book club read. The amount of enjoyment wavered from time to time, but overall it was okay. I fully expected to not like it in the least. My favorite parts were the historical elements and how well-known individuals were woven into the storyline. Although, not being a history buff, I wasn't too sure what really was true and what wasn't. :)

Traditions are very important during this season and reading this book during the month of December would make a wonderful addition. By reading a chapter a day (there are 24 chapters) you would lead right up to the Blessed Morn. Whether you believe in Santa Claus or not, it would make for a fun time to gather together and enjoy a story.

I end my thoughts just like the book: "Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night."

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving all the Christmas book suggestions that are popping up on various book blogs...I'm going to have to add this book to my to-be-read-at-Christmastime list. Thanks, Joy and a merry Christmas to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister really enjoyed this one actually. Some reason I stay away from books like that unless recommended or forced upon me (say book club). There is just too much out there. Have to priorities. Thats what happens when u don't believe in afterlife ya know. Its like, I would love to believe there is this great beyond of book land but it don't tickle no fancy. Ja?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting. Thanks for bringing to my attention, Joy. Hope you have a very pleasant holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lotus ~ You are welcome. :)

    Nessie ~ I agree that there are a lot of books to be read and why waste time on one that we may not enjoy. However, that's why I like book clubs. They broaden my horizons by choosing books that I wouldn't normally read. I have found some great books/authors though book clubs.

    Booklogged ~ Thank you, Booklogged. May the holiday season bring you joy and happiness.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!