Saturday, December 16, 2006

"L" Author-Based A ~ Z Reads

FIFTY ACRES AND A POODLE
Jeanne Marie Laskas
Personal Rating: 4.5/5





What a delightful, heart-warming story! Jeanne's childhood dream of living on a farm resurfaces as an adult. This is her account of that adventure and what an adventure it was!

Jeanne's very personable, down-to-earth personality grabbed me and allowed me to experience her life as if I were there. Her down-home escapades are not frivolous or silly, but real events that happened to real people. She had me laughing, crying, and simply shaking my head in amazement. What fun!

4 comments:

  1. When my father retired from the army he moved us to a little farm. I don't want to relive those memories, if vicariously, so I'll probably skip this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booklogged ~ Yikes! I understand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to read her sequel, "The Exact Same Moon: Fifty Acres and A Family"? I think I liked it even better than this one, but don't hold me to that. I'll have to re-read my reviews to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Les ~ Yep! It's on my TBR List! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!