Saturday, February 24, 2007

TBR Challenge

BIRDS IN FALL
Brad Kessler
Personal Rating: 3.75/5
Yearly Count: 14





Kessler's BIRDS IN FALL is a well-written novel that hovers over a unique group of individuals that have been united in grief. Each member is developed in varying levels of depth, but each offers a subtle, yet poignant perspective of the grieving process.

I was hooked within the first chapter and that lasted for quite awhile, but then the momentum lapsed. While I still enjoyed the author's style and felt connected, the continued somber mood wasn't for me at the time; although, several of the characters continue to linger in my mind, for which I give praise to the author.


*Recommended By:
Lesley's Book Nook

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Joy!
    Just a quick note to let you know that I posted more detailed instructions re:LibraryThing in response to your message about joining the NYT Notable Book blog:

    http://nytnotablebooks.blogspot.com/2007/02/hallo-all.html

    I hope that this helps! Be sure to let me know if it doesn't - we can't wait to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pour of Tor ~ I'm all set! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!