Monday, February 19, 2007

FOR ONE MORE DAY
Mitch Albom
Personal Rating: 3.5/5
Yearly Count: 13





This book being Albom's third, didn't quite reach the same depth as one of my favorite books of all time, TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE. I really enjoyed the concept of having "one more day" to converse with a loved one that is gone, but I think it fell short of its potential.

Albom's approach in telling the story was interesting and kept me intrigued, yet wasn't anything unique or special. Ultimately the storyline prompts thoughts of family and relationships, which is meant to lead to understanding one another. I applaud his effort. In a sentence...good book, but could have been better.

7 comments:

  1. Five People You Meet in Heaven is another good one but I agree with you about Tuesdays being the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked his first two and was looking forward to reading this one someday. Sorry to hear it doesn't quite measure up but I'll probably still read it. Thanks, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:04 PM

    Have only read Five People you meet in Heaven. Sounds like Tuesdays is a better bet than this one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only read Five People You Meet in Heaven like Heidijane. I wasn't a big fan of that book, although I enjoyed it. Thanks for the review of this one. I'm considering adding it to my wish list. If I do read it, I won't let my expectations get too high. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather ~ I read FIVE PEOPLE, too and rated it higher than this one. Yes, TUESDAYS is still the best.

    Booklogged ~ Oh, I would definitely still read it. It was good. I think I just wanted more. :)

    Heidijane ~ I'd go with TUESDAYS first.

    Literary Feline ~ Good idea. I think my expectations played a part in it. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After reviewing several of your book reviews I think we have similar tastes in books. I will definately be reading Tuesdays with Morries and look forward to other book recommendations from you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paige ~ I think so too! I hope you looked at past thoughts instead of the most recent. I've been trying to "broaden my horizons" through challenges, so they all are not books that I would choose on my own. I have discovered that some books can be just as good as my preferred genre, but when I'm reading in my "comfort zone", I just feel so at home. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!