Friday, June 29, 2007

TBR, Medical Mystery Madness & Southern Reading Challenges

BLINDSIGHTED
Karin Slaughter
Personal Rating: 4.25/5
Yearly Count: 52




Blindsighted is the first in the Grant County Series and it features Sara Linton as the town's pediatrician and coroner. A horrific murder leads to an investigation led by Sara's ex-husband Jeffrey who is the town's police chief. The passageway to solving the who-dun-it was pretty good, but it lacked the substance and psychological thrill that I loved in Shadow Man.

I actually started this book before I began listening to Shadow Man and found the opening chapter of 7 pages to be quite intense and utterly gruesome. I had never read anything so disturbing, so I decided to put it aside. Meanwhile, several online friends continued to share how "wowed" they were by it, so I decided to pick it back up. Somewhere between putting it aside and picking it back up, I began listening to Shadow Man. If you read my thoughts on that, you'd know I was shocked by that book. I figured if I could get through that and think it was excellent then I could read this one. I'm glad I continued on, it was good; HOWEVER, I hope my next several reads will be gore and s*x free. I have discovered that I can handle the blood and guts better when the storyline has me riveted. This one didn't do that for me, but all in all, it was a very good read.

2 comments:

  1. This one sounds good, Joy. I've never read a book by Karin Slaughter, but I recently picked this one up out of curiosity. I've been told her novels are rather graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literary Feline ~ In deed they are! This is the first in the series, so it's a good place to start. I will continue on, but just not right away. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!