Sunday, July 08, 2007

Medical Mystery Madness Challenge

AMNESIA
G. H. Ephron
Personal Rating: 4/5
Yearly Count: 56



This book is the first in a crime series that hosts psychologist Dr. Peter Zak as one of the main characters. He has actually been created by two people: Hallie Ephron, a writer, and A. A. Greeley, a practicing forensic neuropsychologist.

There are many components to this debut that I really enjoyed: the psychological/medical aspect, the courtroom (Dr. Zak appears in trials as an expert on the thought processes and personalities of witnesses and defendants) and the mystery. Also, Dr. Zak has his own personal issues to work through adding a realistic touch to the storyline.


I enjoyed this first and it won't be my last.


*Recommended By:
Framed and Booked


6 comments:

  1. Oh this one sounds good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this one, but it sounds really good. Thanks...but your reviews are hurting my wallet! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting author duo--do you notice that the expert witness details feel authentic? Sounds like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:06 PM

    Another one to go on my TBR shelves.....you enabler, you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had this one on my TBR shelf forever. I really need to make time for it. Thanks for the review, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzi ~ I thought it was worth the time.

    Debi ~ There's always the library. :)

    Gentle Reader ~ There wasn't a lot of testimony/courtroom scenes, but what was described definitely seemed authentic. My hope is that this series develops the psychology component to a deeper level.

    Carrie K ~ It's my pleasure. :)

    Literary Feline ~ Go ahead and pull it down from the shelf. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!