Monday, July 02, 2007

HOUSE OF CORRECTIONS
Doug Swanson ~ BOiPod
Personal Rating: 2.5/5
Yearly Count: 54




I'm not sure how this book appeared on my iPod, but there it was and I needed another short one, so listening I did. Unfortunately it wasn't the sort of listening I prefer. I did not enjoy this book.

The plot of Jack Flippo (PI? I'm not really sure what he does for a living) helping a former mentor was appealing, but not having any characters that were likable was discouraging. Not even one! How sad is that? And if I hear another way to describe a male's private part, I'm going to scream! (Okay, I'll admit it, some of them were pretty funny.) Seriously though, I only continued because I did have an interest in the who-did-what part and I suppose that's a tribute to Mr. Swanson's writing, but there will be no more for me from him with the character Jack.

2 comments:

  1. Joy, how are you going to keep your 'R' rating if you don't tell us some of the names for male private parts? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kookie ~ LOL I kid you not, you are my daily dose of laughter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!