Saturday, August 25, 2007

By the Decades Challenge ~ 90's (1995)

DEAL BREAKER
Harlan Coben
Personal Rating: 4.5/5
Yearly Count: 76




Finally. I have finally met Myron Bolitar. My experience with three of Harlan Coben's standalones has been very good, but I was even more intrigued with Myron. I couldn't be happier to know that this is just the beginning.

This first Myron novel introduced a sarcastic, witty, tough, yet compassionate sports agent that was unpredictable. I thought I knew his character early on, but ended up being surprised every so often with an unexpected behavior.

Myron's humor was definitely a lot of fun and I often found myself with a grin on my face. Amongst the laughs, there was a serious mystery to be solved, careers to be maintained, relationships resumed, and much more. The realistic writing held my attention from the first page to the last. I so look forward to more of Myron.

7 comments:

  1. Joy, this would be a perfect choice for me for your 1st in a Series Challenge. Thanks for the great recommendation. I really like the idea of starting 12 new series. I also need to join Kathrin's Series Challenge, too. There are many started but not up-to-date series in my life. I'm sure you know that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booklogged ~ Yes, this is a perfect choice for the challenge! Before I posted the challenge, I began my journey of reading through my list of first in a series books that I've been wanting to read. (Obviously, this being my first choice.) Then, I decided others may have the same type of list and wanted to include them on this quest.

    As for series already started, yep, I have those too! However, I've been more interested in finding out about some of these series for so long that I need to read them; they are calling my name!

    I'm glad you are interested in joining me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:04 AM

    Rats! I meant to put this one on my list....I just might sneak him in somewhere ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The great thing about this series is that it's one that both women and men enjoy. The Hubster and I started reading Coben back when Myron's series was all he had out there. He's definitely one of our favorites. Myron, Win, Esmerelda, Big Cindy and all the gang are just fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle ~ You can read it anytime or you can change your list. :) It's a fun read.

    Suzi ~ My husband has read a scattering of Myron and the standalones, but he never read the first one, so he's reading this one now. He's not particular about the order in which he reads a series. We've had a serious talk about this abomination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Suzi. My husband and I both loved this series! I wish there were more to read. You are in for such a treat to read all of these for the first time. I may just have to buy the entire collection and re-read them this winter. I say that about this and Dennis Lehane's Kenzie/Gennaro series. Fabulous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Les ~ Thank you! I forgot about Dennis Lehane's series. I've never read one, but have heard about them. I don't even think I have him on my original series list, just standalones. Thanks again ... I think! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!